Rourkela College, Rourkela is one of the oldest colleges of western Odisha imparting +2(Arts, Commerce & Science), undergraduate degree (Arts& Commerce) to students of Sundargarh district. Our institution is solely devotedinachieving the aspirations and ambitions of the students especially belonging to tribal, backward minority and under privileged communities of this region. Keeping in view to the various aspects of students’ all-round development we dedicate ourselves towards deepening and extending knowledge about the formation and utilization of human capabilities. To be precise we accumulate into the following points:
- To cater to the educational demand of students from the remote corners, tribal, rural, semi-urban and urban areas irrespective of class, caste and creed.
- To provide quality education in order to enable the students to meet the challenges of the globalized world of the 21st century.
- To imprint among the students a genuine sense of equality, social justice, rationalism, secularism, national integration and encourage them to be a catalyst in the socioeconomic-cultural transformations.
- To facilitate with outstanding teaching and serviceto the students with a pittance, making sure none left behind for their financial inadequacy.
- Dissemination of education,knowledge,cultural awareness and national integration ideology.
- Promote best values like individual and collective excellence, diversity, equality, justice, collegiality and collaborationby enforcing better learning through prescribed texts.
- Educate and empower students and transform them into complete human beings.
- Help to formulate educational professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their skill.
- To further the cause of education and uplift the students of Odisha as dreamt by the architect of modern Odisha, Utkal Gourav Madhusudan Das, and create employment potential along with all-round humanistic growth.